8/11/2007

A First Time for Everything

hello Internet. this is strange for me. I've been blogging for many years although i suppose it is more like an online diary. I've never blogged with a theme or expecting anyone to actually read it. I'm super excited though! this summer I'm volunteering at Everdale Organic Farm and Environmental Learning Centre in Hillsburg Ontario, about an hour west of Toronto. my time here has been wonderful and i have learnt so much about organic farming, alternative energy, and myself. i was to live sustainably and i want to be self sufficient. I'm not sure how i get from here to there but this blog will be a place for me to work out all my ideas. to dream and scheme about everything from straw bale construction to heirloom tomatoes!

the goats and chickens need feeding (and I've been working since 6am!) but expect posts on my thoughts on meat, and step by step instructions to making raw goat's milk cheese!

xoliz

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like an interesting time will be had. Once I get Teacher's College done and start teaching, I'd love to do something similar during my summer months off. Yeah, one of many highly idealistic plans for my summer vacations. But when the time comes, feel free to give me a kick in the pants if I'm not following through...

Carl Keast said...

Salad days, love the double farm/shakespeare meaning